Ligchine re-invented the mega sized screed machine in 2016 when it introduced the feature-loaded ScreedSaver BOSS 240 machine. The BOSS 240 is Ligchine's largest boom operated screed, and it includes a zero turn drive system. Features include: hydraulic parallel side shifting for stickup avoidance; our patent-pending zero turn drive system that allows BOTH the upper boom frame AND the lower drive frame to independently spin 360°; our automated concrete additive spray bar system integrated into the screed head; onboard color touchscreen full diagnostic display, Kubota’s newest 57hp gas engine (optional LP Gas or Diesel engine options); an on-board pressure washer and a high intensity surround LED lighting system.
We attach our standard 13.5’ (4.12m) screed head to a boom that reaches 18’ (5.5m), which means you cover 240 sq. ft./pass (22.3m²) resulting in screed rates up to 10,000 sq. ft./hour (929m²) or more depending upon site variables. Screed accuracy (FF/FL) is world class!
The ScreedSaver BOSS 240 at Work
Showcasing the Latest SS BOSS Features
BOSS with LPS at Work on Iowa Farm
BOSS with LPS Screeds a Roundabout in WI
ScreedSaver BOSS 240 Specifications
Width: Frame width (o/s to o/s of Downrigger Pads) = 6’ – 10” (2.1m)
Length: Retracted = 16’ – 6” (6.1m)
Height: 5’6” (1.7m)
Weight: 7,550 lbs (3,425 kgs) nominal with fluids (with Screed Head attached)
Boom: Extension distance = 18’ (5.5m)
Screed Head: Auger/Plow Head = 13’6″ (4.2m). Weight = 455 lbs (207 kgs)
Screed Coverage: 240 square feet/pass (22.3m²) per pass.
- Automatic Laser Leveling – activate the wireless control button and the machine automatically adjusts the screed head at a rate of 10 times/second.
- Manual Leveling (wet screed) – 3 Hydraulic down riggers independently controlled with wireless radio.
Electrical System: FCC/EC approved Wireless Transmitter and Receiver with backup cable control. 12 VDC operating system. Sealed Calcium/Calcium Automotive Battery. Electronics Control Center with centralized fuse and relay panel.
- Kubota 1605 series, 4-cylinder, liquid cooled, 57 HP gasoline motor.
- Optional Kubota 1605, 55 HP LP motor
- Includes remote electric start, high capacity alternator and touch screen control panel.
Fuel System: Unleaded Gasoline – 8 Gallon (30L) holding tank, EPA Registered
- Front wheel drive hydraulic piston motors with wireless control.
- Front wheel hydraulic steering with wireless control.
- 360º pivoting hydraulic undercarriage drive frame for parallel to the pour driving (zero turn)
Tires/Wheels: 4 wheel/tire combination. Tires – Carlisle 8 ply Trac Chief – 31/10 x 16.5
- Open loop with Master Manifold control. Fan cooled radiator.
- Fluid level, temperature and pressure gauges.
- Dual filtration system = In line filter + Magnetic suction pump.
Hydraulic Fluid: 20 Gallon (75L) capacity. ISO32 hydraulic fluid.
Screed Head Options
High Performance Screed Head
Upgrade to the most advanced screed head ever introduced to the industry. This head features a reinforced frame for increased rigidity and includes Ligchine’s oversized, high speed, extra flighting AUGER for superb results. User simplified adjustments insure faster resets for changes in mix, improved handling of oversized aggregate, and increased consolidation due to a full-length vibration system. Available in varying lengths to match up to your choice of ScreedSaver machine.
STANDARD SCREED HEAD
This screed head measures 12′ (3.6m) in length and utilizes all of Ligchine’s classic paver screed head features into a new robust A-frame style assembly. A redesigned plow helps protect auger and roller bearings from excessive concrete greatly enhancing bearing life. The concrete additive spray bar can be interchanged between the standard screed head and the paver screed head in a matter of minutes.
Contact us for more information on this innovative new product!