Ligchine™ invented the “large line” sized boom screed (220 sq. ft. of coverage) in 2012. The SCREEDSAVER MAX™ is the workhorse of the Ligchine fleet, and MAX owners would say it is the best value of any boom operated laser-guided screed in the world. SCREEDSAVER MAX integrates the technologies of the standard SCREEDSAVER II™ with the added features of front wheel drive and rear wheel steering: a 90° manual pivoting drive frame; and Kubota’s 25hp D902 Diesel motor. Like all Ligchine screeds, MAX is a wireless remote controlled screed.
We attach our standard 12.6’ (3.8m) screed head to a boom that reaches 18’ (5.5m), which means you cover 220 sq. ft/pass (20.44m²) resulting in screed rates up to 7,000 sq. ft./hour (650m²) or more depending upon site variables. Screed accuracy (FF/FL) is world class!
The SCREEDSAVER MAX At Work
SCREEDSAVER MAX Specifications
- Frame width (o/s to o/s of Downrigger Pads) = 6’ – 4” (1.93m)
- Front Tires (o/s to o/s) width = 5’ – 5” (1.65m)
- Boom arm retracted = 14’ – 4” (4.4m)
- Boom arm extended = 30’ – 8” (9.35m)
- Top of fiberglass hood = 4’ – 0” (1.2m) (machine sitting in down position)
- Top of Muffler (highest point) = 5’ – 2” (1.6m) (machine sitting in down position)
Weight: 4,380 lbs (1,986 kgs) nominal with fluids (without Screed Head attached)
Boom: Extension distance = 18’ (5.5m)
Screed Head: Auger/Plow Head = 12’6″ (3.8m). Weight = 260 lbs (118 kgs)
Screed Coverage: 220 square feet/pass (20.44m²) per pass.
- Automatic Laser Leveling – activate the wireless control button and the machine automatically adjusts the screed head at a rate of 10 times/second.
- Manual Leveling (wet screed) – 3 Hydraulic down riggers independently controlled with wireless radio.
Electrical System: FCC/EC approved Wireless Transmitter and Receiver with backup cable control. 12 VDC operating system. Sealed Calcium/Calcium Automotive Battery. Electronics Control Center with centralized fuse and relay panel.
Engine: Kubota D902 series, 3-cylinder, liquid cooled, 25 HP diesel motor. Tier 4, Stage IIIA compliant. Includes electric start, high capacity alternator and Lofa Diagnostics control panel.
Fuel System: Diesel fuel – 8 Gallon (30L) holding tank (TPM 40 CFR Part 1039 Section 625 and CCR 2423(d) compliant).
- Front wheel drive hydraulic piston motors with wireless control.
- Rear wheel hydraulic steering with wireless control.
- 90-degree pivoting undercarriage drive frame for parallel to the pour driving.
Tires/Wheels: 4 wheel/tire combination. Tires – Carlisle 6 ply Trac Chief – 28/8.50 x 15.
- Open loop with Master Manifold control. Fan cooled radiator.
- Fluid level, temperature and pressure gauges.
- Dual filtration system = In line filter + Magnetic suction pump.
Hydraulic Fluid: 20 Gallon (75L) capacity. ISO32 hydraulic fluid.
Screed Head Options
Screed head options are shown below. Click here for additional machine options.